Monday, May 11, 2009

COLLAR UP !!!

Collar up people!
I am not talking about becoming priests, or cops… I am talking about your dogs!
Get an identification tag and hang it around your beloved pet’s neck. It is not rocket science, in fact its elementary. It is simple and can cost as little or as much as you want. Sure you can get the finest designer leather collar for your pooch, or you can even use a piece of yarn. Whatever it takes - get your dog prepared for the outside world, in the event he or she becomes lost.



Now, I am clearly a magnet for the lost and confused. Just the other day, I spotted two canine buddies frolicking in my neighbor’s front yard. They were obviously lost. After wooing them with my charm and the promise of water, I lured them to the safety of my yard. Upon further examination, I realized they were naked. No collars. No Identification, Nada. Zip. Zilch.

After using my own dogs collars and leashes to wrangle the two escapees, I loaded them into the car and set off to scour nearby neighborhoods for their owner. It was obvious the two outlaws were somebody’s pets. After a couple hours of searching, I found the owner. He was relieved to have his four legged family members back and I was thankful to reunite the delighted threesome.

This entire ordeal could have been avoided with a simple ID tag. Had there been a name and phone number adorning the bewildered dogs, I could have delivered the precious goods in minutes.

There are tons of tags to chose from on the market, after all the pet industry rakes in an estimated 34 billion dollars a year. The ID tags can be ornate and custom made or you can get one in 30 seconds, from a vending machine at PetSmart. Just please do it.

I have multiple dogs, and while they would never wander from their laps of luxury, each one wears a collar with a tag. If old Donkey decides to one day hit the road, my cherished pooch could quickly be returned – all because he is properly outfitted with an identification tag



Get a tag today. Your pet’s life may depend on it.

2 comments:

  1. Are those the same dogs that actually lived next door to you?????..ha!!

    How about that crazy lady near Justin and those two wandering dogs??

    ReplyDelete